YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
HipHopDX.com qualifies for the alternative option by allowing you to opt-out or opt in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes as described below. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send an email request to email@example.com with the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. The response will be sent to the email address from which the request was received. We will not accept requests via postal mail, the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
How Does Cheri Media Group Collect and Use Information About You?
The information learned from HipHopDX.com’s users, members and customers helps Cheri Media Group personalize and continually improve your experience at HipHopDX.com. Here are the types of information Cheri Media Group gathers and how this information is used:
Automatic Information: Cheri Media Group receives and stores certain types of Automatic Information whenever you interact with HipHopDX.com. Here are the types of Automatic Information Cheri Media Group gathers and how it is used:
IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a unique identifier used to connect your computer to the Internet. Your IP address also is stored in HipHopDX.com’s user registration databases when you register with HipHopDX.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Help Cheri Media Group identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by HipHopDX.com users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting HipHopDX.com from specific countries or regions of the world.
- Track visits to and business at HipHopDX.com’s stores.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that HipHopDX.com hosts.
Web Beacons: Web pages may contain electronic images (called a “single-pixel GIF” or “Web beacon”) that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Cheri Media Group uses Web beacons in the following ways:
- Within HipHopDX.com in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing HipHopDX.com cookies.
- To personalize your experience when you visit HipHopDX.com.
- Mobile Device Unique Identifier: HipHopDX.com may from time to time provide services that allow users to access and customize Internet content through mobile phones, PDAs and other alternative devices. These devices may collect different information than what is collected by computers.
- When connecting to HipHopDX.com using a mobile device that provides Internet access, if the mobile device service provider uniquely identifies the device, Cheri Media Group will receive this information.
- Cheri Media Group may use this unique mobile device identification information to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain HipHopDX.com services may require collection of the phone number for your device. Cheri Media Group may associate that phone number to the mobile device identification information.
- Some mobile phone service providers in the United States are required to operate a system that will pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service.
- Depending on the provider and if you are located in the United States, Cheri Media Group may automatically receive this information.
- Cheri Media Group may use and store this information to provide enhanced location-based services as well as to serve location-targeted advertising.
Personal Information: Cheri Media Group also receives and stores information that personally identifies you. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at HipHopDX.com include: name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, billing address, shipping address, product selections, order number, referring URL, IP address, password, username, how you got to know about HipHopDX.com, gender, occupation, personal interests, your age and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services. You voluntarily provide this personally identifiable information when you enter it on HipHopDX.com to sign up as a member of HipHopDX.com, whether in connection with a newsletter subscription, when you enter a sweepstakes, promotion or contest and/or other special benefits.
At HipHopDX.com, you can submit personally identifiable information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and email address to email a HipHopDX.com news story and, if you are located in the United States, order a gift on HipHopDX.com and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected and stored about other people at HipHopDX.com include: recipient’s name, address, email address and telephone number. Cheri Media Group does not knowingly share with, rent, transfer or sell personally identifiable information that you submit about other people to any third parties or nonaffiliated entities.
If you would like to update the information you provide in your membership account or unsubscribe to newsletters, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. New categories of marketing communications may be added to the account preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive. Cheri Media Group reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to Cheri Media Group services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the HipHopDX.com newsletter without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
If you are located in the United States and make a purchase on HipHopDX.com, Cheri Media Group will collect and store your personally identifiable information. When processing an order on HipHopDX.com, Cheri Media Group needs to know your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, product selection, order number, credit card number, security code and expiration date. This information is necessary to process your order and to keep you updated on your shipping status. Cheri Media Group may share such information with companies that help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Cheri Media Group’s policies.
Does Cheri Media Group Ever Share Information with Other Parties?
- Cheri Media Group provides the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Cheri Media Group and under confidentiality arrangements. These companies may use your personal information to help Cheri Media Group communicate with you about offers from Cheri Media Group and our marketing partners.
- Cheri Media Group responds to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Cheri Media Group’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Cheri Media Group may also disclose information about you if it determines that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
- Cheri Media Group displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria (for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area). By interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
HipHopDX.com may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than the information practices of Cheri Media Group. Users who click over to a third party site from a link on HipHopDX.com must be aware that Cheri Media Group makes no warranties with regard to that site’s policies or business practices. Cheri Media Group is not responsible for any transactions that occur between the user and the third party site. Please consult the other sites’ privacy policies, as Cheri Media Group has no control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Should a user purchase any products or services from that third party site, the user must contact the third party site directly regarding any disputes that might occur, including but not limited to delayed shipping, missing products, damaged goods or pricing and billing discrepancies. Cheri Media Group is not responsible for the actions of any third-party site.
Business Transfers: As Cheri Media Group continues to develop its business, it might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Cheri Media Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
It is possible that due to fraud or deception by others, Cheri Media Group may unknowingly receive information pertaining to children under the age of 13. If Cheri Media Group is notified of this, once Cheri Media Group has verified the information, Cheri Media Group will promptly delete the information from its servers or otherwise obtain parental consent.
Public Forums: HipHopDX.com has chat rooms, forums, message boards and newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information, personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Cheri Media Group is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. As these forums are public and open for users to interact with each other, Cheri Media Group expects all its users to respect the rights of others.
Consent to International Information Transfers: HipHopDX.com is operated in the United States and is intended for viewing solely in the United States. While Cheri Media Group is committed to providing your information with a high level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to Cheri Media Group will be transferred to the United States. By using HipHopDX.com, participating in any HipHopDX.com services and/or providing Cheri Media Group with personally identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer and the collection and processing of information in the United States.